BeautyTalk was my favorite place to hangout for many years, and I still like to drop by the forum occasionally to chat about skincare. I was contacted to try the new Dr. Brandt Needles No More® 3-D Filler Mask as active member of BeautyTalk. It is an interesting product, not moisturizing or drying. But if you need a little skin tightening, this might be worth a try. You can find my full review here.
On a different note, I unofficially decided I will try one diet per month. Last month was water fast, which was great to train myself mentally but isn’t actually that great for your body since you are not consuming food/nutrients. I decided to try something less severe that promise to rev up the metabolism this time—3 Day Military Diet. You are eating real food with all the nutrients you need, so you can theoretically continue it forever (week: day 1,2,3, 1,2,3,1 then repeat). I just tried it for 3 days:
- Day 1: The food was fine and I wasn’t hungry. By the end of the day, I feel like I’m digesting slightly better.
- Day 2: Woke up a little hungry, lost 1lb from yesterday! I like a couple tablespoon of cottage cheese but 1 cup is… not quite as enjoyable.
- Day 3: Didn’t wake up hungry but 2lbs lighter than yesterday! Iwas a little hungry through out the day but not starving. Also, 1 cup of tuna with no vegetables or carbs to accompany it makes me a little bummed.
Overall the diet worked! It helped with digestion/metabolism and I lost 3lbs in 3 days. While supposedly you can lose up to 10lbs if you repeat it a few more days, the food listed are not ones I usually eat so I stopped… and gained back 1lb the day after even though the amount of food didn’t change much. I would recommend the diet if you need a healthy way to lose weight fast, but keeping that weight off will be difficult.
So that’s that for diet, and now for skincare…Skin Condition: We had a few weeks of harsh windy and ice weather, and I got lazy with skincare since I was sick. Basically I ended up with a few whiteheads and bumpy/red/irritated skin. I signed up for a few campaign this month, which means I had to try/review products within a deadline even though I really wanted to get my skin settled down first. Unless something truly tempting shows up, I’m gonna stop that and focus on products I have to fix my skin first.
Products: I used mostly Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion for exfoliation and was fine, but also used konjac sponge a few times while playing with PTR 24K Gold Cleansing balm and overexfoliated. I used Perricone Chloroplasma a few times to help with the blemish but mostly focused on hydrating masks (such as the lotus and green tea sheet masks). As for daily regimen:
- Oz Natural Cleanser
- Algenist Hydrating Essence Toner
- Missha First Treatment Intensive Essence
- Farmacy Sleep Balm (and misc others trying to fix my dry skin)
- Murad Hydra-Quench Essence (morning)
- Valentia Eye Cream (morning)
- AmorePacific Natural Protector SPF30 (morning)
Oz Natural was nice but I need a more hydrating cleanser, so I’m switching back to Su:m37 Rose Cleansing Stick for next month.
Other influences: Well, being sick and then binged on ice cream/cookies might have been bad. But the biggest (terrible) influence on my skin is the harsh weather. Nothing much I can do about that but it looks like it’s easing up. I admit I haven’t been exercising lately even though I really should…. I need to get motivated again. =/
Weight loss this month: 3lbs. I’m losing motivation but I’ve still got a bit more than 20lbs to go before reaching my goal. >.<