Marc Jacob can (almost) do no wrong in my book. His brushes and eyeliners are amazing. The nail polish, lipstick and mascara are a bit of a hit or miss, but in general the quality lives up to the name. When he recently came out with a new line of lip liners, I resisted all of…..5 seconds before getting one. If you have lipsticks that feathers or sink into the fine line, a lip liner is your friend. It provide a cushion to help cushion the lips and make the colors stay where they are suppose to me.
I got the Poutliner in the color Honey(bun). At some point in the next month, when there isn’t mountains of snow on the road, I will emerge from my cave in the boonies and make the 2hr trip to my nearest Sephora to swatch all the Marc Jacob poutliners and update this post with swatches. Until then, here’s a little review of the liner and some MLBB lipsticks that matches or might go well with it.
The lipsticks I’ll be swatching are:
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural, N9 Copper Pink
- Tom Ford Lip Color, Indian Rose
- Givenchy Le Rouge, 103 Brun Createur
- Shiseido Perfect Rouge, RD 142
- Burberry Lip Cover, No.3 Cameo Pink
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, 15
- YSL Rouge Volupte, 14
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick, Mistress
- Hello Kitty Sweet Gloss, Pink Bow
The Poutliners are in pretty much the same packaging as the Highliners. I wouldn’t pay much attention to the collagen claim since it’s the last ingredient on the list, but they weren’t joking when they say long-lasting. Below is the swatch in different lighting:
- Left: swatched then wiped off immediately.
- Middle: swatched, then (attempted to) wipe off after a minute, then washed my hands a few time several hours later.
- Right: swatched right before picture taking.
If you let the lip liner set for a minute, then it will last you the whole day. I’m happy to find the color and long lasting powers are just as good as the Highliners. I suppose you can wear it alone, but it have a very matte finish and I think look better with a lipstick over it (left side with lipliner, right side bare lips).
We already know the liner last forever by itself. When you apply lipstick over it, the part with liner underneath felt thicker, more cushioned. I’ve accumulated more lipsticks since my last MLBB lipstick post, so I’ve added them here. These are the lipsticks I think will work pretty well with the poutliner.
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural, N9 Copper Pink – warm dark nude with a very light floral scent. It is med/full coverage with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- Tom Ford Lip Color, Indian Rose – cool dark pinky nude with undetectable fine shimmer and a light vanilla scent. It is med/full coverage with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- Givenchy Le Rouge, 103 Brun Createur – warm dark nude with no scent. It is opaque in color with a creamy finish.
- Shiseido Perfect Rouge, RD 142 – warm dark pinkish coral with no scent. It is opaque in color with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- Burberry Lip Cover, No.3 Cameo Pink – light peachy nude with very fine gold/silver shimmer and perfumed scent. It is medium coverage with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- YSL Rouge Volupte Shine, 15 – light pinky coral with a sweet fruity scent. It is a sheer coverage with a slightly glossy finish, more like a glossy tinted lip balm. It is softer and creamier than the other lipsticks.
- YSL Rouge Volupte, 14 – reddish coral with a fruity scent. It is med/full coverage with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- Buxom Full Bodied Lipstick, Mistress – true light pink with a light vanilla scent. It is med/full coverage with a balmy/moisturized finish.
- Hello Kitty Sweet Gloss, Pink Bow – light cool pink with a sweet scent. The color is sheer and it have a balmy/moisturized finish.
So after some swatching, it looks like the Poutliner in Honey(bun) draw on the top, is very close match to Burberry Lip Cover in Cameo Pink (middle/5th) and YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 15. Since both of those are colors I like for everyday wear, this poutliner definitely be seeing a lot of use in the future. Did you grab Poutliner? what is your favorite lip liner?