While I may be unwilling to part with the sunshine, it is undeniable that fall is slowly creeping in. The temperature during the day is no longer outrageous, and I’m starting to craving darker lip colors. The Tom Ford lipstick in Sweet Spot, a bright coral, will be stowed away until next summer while I play with the fall lipstick I got as an result of my fall lipstick hunt. I’m warm toned and prefer burnt orange ish type rather than berry or wine. I started off with only 2 fall-ish lip colors, a dark wine color which is Buxom Menace and a golden copper which is an expired YSL, so that won’t do.
And I break out all my dark lippie samples, searched for a nice bronze/orange color and got some samples when I went to the mall, so here are swatches of some fall lipstick and glosses in warm and cool tones.
- Nars Autumn Leaves is a med coverage lipstick with a creamy lip balm texture. The color is burnt orange with almost un-noticeable gold shimmer, and have a very very mild sweet scent.
- MAC Frost in CB96 (made a mistake on the image, it’s CB96, not CB910) is a sheer orange with metallic gold finish. It’s got the normal mildly sweet lipstick scent.
- MAC in Meltdown is med coverage creamy lipstick, a warm pink with gold shine finish. It have more color than MAC Frost CB96 and have the same scent.
- YSL lipstick in 34 is expired and discontinued, but it’s a med coverage lipstick with a copper color. It looks metallic/copper on the skin.
- YSL Glossy stains, both Vernis A Levres and Vernis A Levres Nude, have a sweet fruity scent. They feel just like glosses but non-sticky and the shimmer does not feel gritty at all on the lips. The Nudes are sheerer than the normal stain.
- Guerlain Rouge G in 65 is a cool berry with warm shimmer. It’s the normal creamy lipstick texture and you cannot see/feel the shimmer on the lips. It have a mild perfumed lipstick scent. I balked at the bulky packaging of the lipstick and the magnetic closure, but I do really like the color.
While I want something warm, the gold metallic finish of the MAC make my teeth look yellower I think, so I ended up buying Nars lipstick in Autumn Leaves for fall. The orange, red and yellow leaves are my favorite part of fall anyways, so it is quite appropriate. And if it’s too warm, I can always layer it with one of the pink? maybe? I will have to play around with it….