I am convinced that of all the lipstick colors produced, 1/3 are red, 1/3 are pink and 1/3 are other colors. There are pastel barbie pink, bold fushia, coral pink, sheer pink, opaque pink etc. While I’m not a girly girl, I’ve unintentionally accumulated quite a bit of pink lipsticks, and by that I mean mini pink lipsticks….
Some of them are unmistably in-your-face pink while others just make your lips a bit pinker and very wearable for low-key situations. The baby lipsticks I’m swatching are…
- YSL Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick spf15 in 10 Venus Rose
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in 262 Extrait de Rose
- Kat Von D in Backstage Bambi
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 35 Satin Fuchsia
- Givenchy Le Rouge in 202 Rose Dressing
- Dior Addict in 578 Diorkiss
- Dior Addict Extreme in 536 Lucky
Since the colors and intensity are different, I won’t be doing a blot/stain comparison, but regarding the rest:
- YSL Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick spf15 in 10 Venus Rose – a sheer warm pink with tiny silver sparkles, it have a lip balm feel and moisturized balm look.
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in 262 Extrait de Rose – a sheer cool pink with tiny silver sparkles, it have a lip balm feel and gives your lips a pink tint without the obvious lipstick look.
- Kat Von D in Backstage Bambi – a creamy full coverage light pink. It applies and looks like a creamy lipstick and while it’s not really drying, it’s not moisturzing either.
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 35 Satin Fuchsia – a creamy opaque fuchsia. What you see in the tube is what it looks like on your lips, it is unapologetically bold and the creamy finish makes it comfortable to wear.
- Givenchy Le Rouge in 202 Rose Dressing – a creamy opaque warm pink. Compared with other cooler pink it almost look orange, but it is not. The first picture of the mini lipstick bullet with caps around it is perhaps the most true to color picture. It’s not as creamy or bold as MUFE.
- Dior Addict in 578 Diorkiss – a sheer neutral pink, not cool or warm. It have a lip balm feel/finish and gives the lip a nice pink tint.
- Dior Addict Extreme in 536 Lucky – a sheer reddish pink. It feels and looks like a lip balm but is med coverage. It’s not full coverage/opaque like MUFE or Givenchy or KVD but have more color than YSL, Guerlain and Dior Addict.
Now then, what is your favorite pink lipstick?